Ice cream is by far our favorite sweet option. In Argentina and Italy, there is a long-standing ice cream tradition. Finding vegan options is not always easy, but this 10 mins homemade Berry Nicecream is the deal for us!
It was hard to find vegan ice creams until not so long ago. Now luckily, it has become increasingly available but still not found as easily as we would like.
Still, most vegan and mainstream ice cream really on a lot of sugar and fat to make it tasty.
If you haven’t heard about nicecreams before, your time has come.
What is Nicecream?
A nicecream is nothing more than an ice cream-like sweet, made by replacing milk and cream with bananas. Yes! Just bananas!
Bananas are super versatile and healthy; we all know that they can easily make their way into a smoothie, a smoothie bowl, a banana bread, or simply as a topping for our favorite morning granola or fruit bowl.
Freezing bananas makes them very suitable to accomplish a silky texture that makes up for the creaminess we look for in ice cream.
It’s typically made in either a blender or food processor, depending on the equipment available and your priorities (total time, hands-on time, quantity, etc.).
This Berry Nicecream Version is so simple and one of our favorites yet! It requires just 3 basic ingredients and a blender.
Frozen mixed berries
Maple Syrup (optional)
- Use ripe bananas for the best flavor and sweetness.
- Peel and slice into slices. Large chunks may be challenging to blend.
- Freeze in a single layer to prevent large clumps, serving on a lined parchment paper. That way, you prevent it from sticking to the pan.
- We like eating our nicecreams freshly blended. Although, for “ice cream-like” texture vs. soft, spread into a loaf pan and freeze for two to three hours. Then scoop with an ice cream scoop! If too firm, let thaw for 15-25 minutes to soften.
- If you have trouble blending, let the banana thaw for a couple of minutes, allowing it to soften and become easier to blend. Alternatively, you could add one tablespoon at a time of plant milk to facilitate blending. Be careful with this method, as it may lead to getting runny banana ice cream.
The result is the perfect creamy, berry-flavored ice cream.
More Simple Sweet and Vegan Recipes?
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #ourplantbasedworld on Instagram. Cheers!
Berry Nice Cream
- 3 bananas medium, frozen
- 1 cup mixed berries frozen
- Freeze the bananas overnight. We always have at least 3 peeled, frozen bananas in the fridge to fix a quick nicecream in minutes.
- Blend all the ingredients on a high-speed blender dial to its lowest setting and then switch to high. You might need to stop the motor momentarily a couple of times and/or add a tablespoon of plant milk at a time to facilitate blending.
- Once it’s started blending, use the tamper to press down and stir berries and bananas. They should turn into soft-serve texture banana ice cream.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Please note that some of the links here are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I use all of the products listed and recommend them because they are companies that I have found helpful and trustworthy.