This one is the Best Tofu Scramble Recipe; it’s easy, hassle-free, delicious, versatile, and fast!
Giving our morning scrambled eggs and white scrambles were amongst the hardest things to do during our transition to a plant-based lifestyle.
We enjoy working out very much, and we stuck to our scrambled eggs breakfast for a lot of time after we left meat behind.
We decided to try different tofu scramble recipes, and we stumbled towards different versions. The texture was there, but we still lacked some flavor.
Don’t get me wrong. I am not saying this tastes like eggs; I am saying that we lacked the protein and deliciousness coming from an egg scramble without sacrificing flavor.
We tried different things. I mixed and matched and have stuck to this recipe for more than three years now.
It is delicious, and it is very versatile. We use whatever combination of vegetables that we would typically use on eggs, on a base of tofu, nutritional yeast, mild mustard, and turmeric.
It is oil-free, cholesterol-free, and full of anti-inflammatory properties, brought to you by turmeric as a bonus.
Additional Suggested Ingredients
- Red bell pepper
Onions - you can replace them with green onions, red onions, shallots or ground onion powder.
Thyme - use oregano instead.
Benefits of Turmeric
Turmeric has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years to treat joint pain, fatigue, and digestive issues, amongst other conditions.
Modern research also suggests that turmeric is a potent antioxidant, heart disease-fighting, and anti-cancer effects.
More breakfast Inspiration
- 10 Benefits Of Apple, Carrot, And Celery Juice
- Best Homemade Granola Recipe
- Carrot and Celery Juice for your Skin and Sight
- Thick Smoothie Bowl
- Breakfast Fruit bowl
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #ourplantbasedworld on Instagram. Cheers!
Recipe: Best Tofu Scramble Recipe
- 1 teaspoon thyme (dry, or 1 sprig fresh)
- 1 cup mushrooms cremini or portobello, halved
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- Chop. Halve the cherry tomatoes and mushrooms. Chop the onion and any additional veggies you chose to add.2 tablespoons mustard, 4 cherry tomatoes, 1 onion
- Crumble the tofu with your hands.9 ounces extra-firm tofu
- Stir in. Add the rest of the ingredients on high heat for 5 minutes, adding the tomatoes only when almost ready.3 tablespoons nutritional yeast, 1 teaspoon turmeric, 1 cup spinach, ¼ teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon thyme, ½ red bell pepper, 1 cup mushrooms
- Season. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. See our full Nutritional Disclosure here.
Please note that some of the links here are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I use all of the products listed and recommend them because they are companies that I have found helpful and trustworthy.