This is an Easy Bread Loaf Recipe that you will love. The crust is perfect, the ingredients are minimal, and the result is superb.
We stopped buying bread about a year ago because it is easy to make, cheap, healthier and the house smell is rewarding.
Also, we are conscious about consuming as few simple carbs as we can; we agreed on two rules: if we have bread, it has to be memorable and homemade; this way, we are in control of what goes in it. Second, as it takes a couple of hours to make, we have to plan; it is not merely a result of a simple carbs craving.
Making this Bread Loaf
Brewer’s yeast is often demonized. Few people know that these microorganisms have many beneficial effects on our body: from hair to nails, skin, and metabolism.
Therefore, when we have little time and want fresh bread for lunch, I put this beautiful loaf to work in the morning. The same goes for if we want a nice piece of bread for a Weekend’s breakfast, we just prepare it before going to bed.
Experiment as much as you can, with different flours and adding seeds. It is the only way to learn baking and understand your oven; just follow the tricks I am giving you here, and it will be flawless!
We also love using loaves to make Bread Bowls or Pan Cook, or Pan Bowl, taking some of the insights and feeling it with any stew.
Easy Bread Loaf
- Baking Pan
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water (you have to be very careful not to overheat it, or it may kill the microorganisms). Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Add the flour and knead roughly with your hands and let the dough rest for about 20 minutes (some kitchen robots have a kneading function, you can use it. I like to knead it myself).
- After the time has elapsed, add the salt and knead until the dough is smooth and homogeneous.
- Put it to rest in a lightly oiled bowl for about 30 minutes—Oil the surface a little bit and cover with cellophane paper.
- Roll the dough back onto itself, always inside the bowl, put it to rest (covered with the same cellophane paper).
- After 30 minutes, repeat the above procedure (dough must double).
- When it has doubled, proceed by giving it the round shape, place it on a round baking tray and wait for it to double again (this leavening will take about 1 hour).
- Pre-heat the oven at 475 Fahrenheit or 240 ºC.
- Place a tray with 2 cups of water on the oven floor and put the baking pan in the oven.
- After 10 minutes, decrease the temperature to 425 Fahrenheit for 220 °C for the remaining 40 minutes.
- The final time depends a lot on your oven. You can insert the blade of a knife inside; if it is not wet, the bread will be cooked or measure the core temperature, which must be 205 Fahrenheits (96 °).
- Try not to do this more than once; Opening the oven and change its temperature affects the cooking of your bread and could lead to an uncooked inside and overcooked surface.