We love having unique, colorful, and seasonal veggies around. Look what I found today! These beautiful and Colorful Broccoli and Cauliflowers!
Remember, the more colors on your plate, the more nutritious your meal is.
We all eat with our eyes first, and this is the way to make it!
Steam your vegetables to keep their colors. Then, put them into cool running water to stop the cooking process.
Avoid boiling them; you will preserve the color and the nutrients because they will not be leached into the boiling water.
If you still boil them, cook them in boiling salted water for a few minutes, take them out, and cool them immediately in iced water.
Which is healthier – Steaming or Boiling Broccoli and Cauliflowers
As steaming doesn’t rob the vegetables of their essential nutrients, it is advisable to steam the vegetables instead of boiling them. However, before you steam the vegetables, make sure you wash them in the right way to remove harmful chemicals from the surface.
- Both are filled with lots of essential minerals and vitamins that are extremely important for the body.
- They contain potent antioxidants that offer health-protective effects
- They may protect against certain types of cancer
These cruciferous vegetables are highly nutritious, and as Science Says, are amongst the 3 of the Healthiest Foods You Can Eat. They have a lot of beneficial, healthy properties and very few calories.
Additional benefits of Broccoli
- Bioactive Compounds May Contribute to Reduced Inflammation
- Antioxidants and Fiber May Aid Blood Sugar Control
- May Support Heart Health in a Variety of Ways
- Promotes Healthy Digestion and Reduced Constipation
- May Slow Mental Decline and Support Healthy Brain Function
- May Help Slow the Aging Process
- Vitamin C Content Supports a Healthy Immune System
- May Support Dental and Oral Health
- May Promote Healthy Bones and Joints
- Nutrient Content May Support a Healthy Pregnancy
- May Protect Your Skin From Sun Damage
Additional Benefits of Cauliflower
- Cauliflower is high in fiber, which is beneficial for overall health.
- May Aid in Weight Loss
- It is a Low-Carb Alternative to Grains and Legumes
- Easy to Add to Your Diet can be eaten raw, steamed, roasted, or sauteed.
- High in Choline plays a significant role in maintaining the integrity of cell membranes, synthesizing brain development, and promoting a healthy nervous system.
Want to know more about the benefits of these two great vegetables?
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. See our full Nutritional Disclosure here.
Please note that some of the links here are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I use all of the products listed and recommend them because they are companies that I have found helpful and trustworthy.