This Spiced Roasted Cauliflower is one of the easiest things to make for any given dinner or lunch. I also like to keep some for further preparations, such as cauliflower cream, or pair it with a bowl of nice basmati rice for a light meal.
When spicy meets cauliflower, a spicy roasted cauliflower is created. This spicy roasted cauliflower recipe has been around for a while but it's still one of the easiest things to make for any given dinner or lunch. I also like to keep some spicy roasted cauliflower for further preparations, such as cauliflower cream, or pair it with a bowl of nice basmati rice for a light meal.
The first time I tried, it was at a Jewish restaurant when we lived in Mexico City. I couldn't believe how much flavor I was getting in my mouth from roasted cauliflower. Of course, we would not have asked for it, but the waiter recommended and insisted that we were not going to regret it, and he was right.
We love our easy and hassle-free roasted vegetables, such as roasted Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, and the famous Spanish Escalivada. Each veggie has its own trick, here is how to roast cauliflower like a pro!
The perfect seasoned roasted cauliflower includes these plant-based spices:
- Black Pepper
- Tahini paste (sesame paste)
See quantities and full instructions in the recipe card.
The Right Mix and Amount of Spices will do the trick!
Mix the Spices along with Water and Tahini and you have you are half-way
Place your Cauliflower head on an Aluminium Foil and Cover it with your Spiced Cauliflower Mix
Wrap it up!
This great recipe is perfect when you don't know what to do with that beautiful cauliflower head in your fridge. With this oven-roasted cauliflower recipe, you can use different herbs, fats, and seasonings to change slightly. The whole cauliflower cooking time in an aluminum foil at 400ºF (200ºC) is one hour.
I recommend keeping the remainder of the liquid after baking your Cauliflower so you can add an extra punch while eating. It also adds an extra Gourmet Touch at the table!
You can keep the leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Benefits of adding Cauliflowers to your diet
- It is filled with lots of essential minerals and vitamins that are extremely important for the body.
- It contains potent antioxidants that offer health-protective effects
- May protect against certain types of cancer.
- Cauliflower is high in fiber, which is beneficial for overall health.
- May Aid in Weight Loss
- It is a Low-Carb Alternative to Grains and Legumes
- Easy to Add to Your Diet can be eaten raw, steamed, roasted, or sauteed.
- High in Choline plays a significant role in maintaining the integrity of cell membranes, synthesizing brain development, and promoting a healthy nervous system.
This cruciferous vegetable is highly nutritious and, as Science Says, is amongst the 3 of the Healthiest Foods You Can Eat. It has a lot of beneficial, healthy properties and very few calories.
Spice things up!
Spices contribute to our health and have no calories, so don't be shy!
We use turmeric for our cauliflower seasoning because it contributes to its flavor, color, and excellent anti-inflammatory benefits.
Looking for more Savory Side dishes and Snacks?
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Hummus 3-Ways
- Quick Crispy Falafels
- Perfect Grilled Asparagus with Toasted Almonds and Pine Nuts
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #ourplantbasedworld on Instagram. Cheers!
This is the best way to roast cauliflower.
Recipe: Spiced Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 medium cauliflower head
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons tahini or extra virgin olive oil or margarine, for a buttery flavor
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder I really recommend this one, outstandingly delicious.
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF or 200ºC.
- Prepare the spices in a bowl.1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon cumin powder, ½ teaspoon paprika powder, ½ teaspoon turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, but the cauliflower, until well combined.4 tablespoons water, 3 tablespoons tahini, 1 lemon
- Trim the base of the cauliflower to remove any green leaves and the stem.1 medium cauliflower head
- Make cuts in the cauliflower head and then rub the marinade all over the cauliflower, allowing some of it to come inside of it.
- Place onto an aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and open the aluminum foil and place back in the tray uncovered to allow the top side to become golden brown.
- I like to add the remaining juices in the aluminum foil on top of it once I have cut it in quarters.
- You can keep the leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Use any herbs or spices you want or have on hand, have fun!
- I use a brush to rub the marinade all over the cauliflower because the turmeric stains a lot, but unnecessary. You can also use your hands or even a plastic bag.
- Baking time may vary depending on your oven, the size of your cauliflower, or how soft you want it.
- You can keep it in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-2 months.
We sometimes take for granted that we have years (or decades) of cooking experience that the average visitor may not. Add to, or remove from, the list below with health and safety tips.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. See our full Nutritional Disclosure here.
Please note that some of the links here are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I use all of the products listed and recommend them because they are companies that I have found helpful and trustworthy.