These Green Beans with Toasted Almonds make the perfect side for any given dish. They are crunchy, tasty, tangy, and light. They are my first option for a heavy meal, such as Christmas or Thanksgiving dinners.
Green Beans with toasted almonds ingredients
Green Beans with Flaked Toasted Almonds
- parsley to garnish
- In a skillet on low heat, toast the almonds carefully to prevent them from burning. Reserve.
- In the same skillet over medium-low heat, melt the vegan butter (or margarine), add the sliced spring onion and garlic powder, and cook for a minute.
- Stir in the clementine and lemon juices and 1 tablespoon water. About 2 minutes. Reserve.
- If you have a steamer, steam your greens for about 2 minutes; if you don’t, return the empty skillet to the stovetop, add the green beans, ½ cup water, and one teaspoon salt. Cover and cook over medium heat, occasionally stirring, until the beans are tender but have a crunchy bite, about 8 minutes.
- Off the heat, add the reserved toasted almonds, the spring onions, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve with chopped parsley if desired.