These Green Beans with Toasted Almonds make the perfect side for any given dish. They are crunchy, tasty, tangy, and light. They are my first option for a heavy meal, such as Christmas or Thanksgiving dinners.
Green Beans with toasted almonds ingredients
More Easy 5-minutes Sides?
Our Suggested Vegan Christmas Menu Post
- Truffled Mashed Potatoes
- Vegan Vegetable Casserole
- Onions Stuffed with Porcini Mushrooms and Christmas Stuffing
- Homemade Festive Spiced Cranberry Sauce
- Christmas Rosemary Bread Buns
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #ourplantbasedworld on Instagram. Cheers!
Green Beans with Flaked Toasted Almonds
- parsley to garnish
- In a skillet on low heat, toast the almonds carefully to prevent them from burning. Reserve.
- In the same skillet over medium-low heat, melt the vegan butter (or margarine), add the sliced spring onion and garlic powder, and cook for a minute.
- Stir in the clementine and lemon juices and 1 tablespoon water. About 2 minutes. Reserve.
- If you have a steamer, steam your greens for about 2 minutes; if you don’t, return the empty skillet to the stovetop, add the green beans, ½ cup water, and one teaspoon salt. Cover and cook over medium heat, occasionally stirring, until the beans are tender but have a crunchy bite, about 8 minutes.
- Off the heat, add the reserved toasted almonds, the spring onions, and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve with chopped parsley if desired.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Please note that some of the links here are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I use all of the products listed and recommend them because they are companies that I have found helpful and trustworthy.