This is a really soft fluffy Vegan Bread Buns Recipe. They are perfect for any occasion at the center of the table. They are quick to do and freeze well.
- Dry yeast
- Vegan butter or margarine
- Rosemary (optional).
Add all the ingredients into a bowl and knead the dough
Knead until you obtain a firm but softball.
Make small golf-sized balls and cover them with a plastic paper.
Let the balls rise until they have a soccer ball-like shape
Bake for 25 minutes. Serve warm.
We like eating these beautiful and tasty vegan bread buns with this Spiced Cranberry Sauce. They are equally good to pair with savory and sweet dishes.
Learn more about the Benefits of Rosemary.
Don't forget to try this Easy Bread Loaf recipe, the Italian Classic Pagnotta Bread, for your everyday breakfast.
Our suggested Vegan Christmas Menu Post
- Green Beans with Flaked Toasted Almonds
- Vegan Vegetable Casserole Casserole
- Onions Stuffed with Porcini Mushrooms and Christmas Stuffing
- Homemade Festive Spiced Cranberry Sauce
- White Truffled Mashed Potatoes
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #ourplantbasedworld on Instagram. Cheers!
Recipe: Christmas Rosemary Bread Buns
- Lightly warm the milk, and add the yeast and the agave syrup. Let it rest for 10 minutes.¼ ounce dry yeast, 1 teaspoon agave syrup, 1 cup almond milk
- Mix. In a large bowl, mix the flour and vegan butter.3 cups flour, 4 tablespoons vegan butter
- Add the yeast milk and salt. Mix well.¼ ounce dry yeast, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 cup almond milk
- Knead until a smooth elastic dough forms, for about 20 minutes.
- Brush the dough with vegan butter, cover the bowl with a plastic wrap, and set it somewhere warm to rise for two hours until it’s doubled in size. I like to let it rise overnight for them to get fluffier.4 tablespoons vegan butter
- Prepare a cake pan. Lightly grease a baking sheet for your rolls.4 tablespoons vegan butter
- Knead the dough for another two minutes and then start forming your 1-inch diameter buns. Take off pieces of the dough and create balls by pulling the edges down so that the top becomes smooth.
- Layout the buns on your baking pan, brushing them with extra margarine, leaving some room between them to allow them to rise.4 tablespoons vegan butter
- Cover again with the same plastic wrap and allow the rolls to rise again for around 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 ºF (220 ºC).
- Bake. When it’s finished its second rising, brush with bread margarine, put some rosemary sprigs on it and bake for 25 minutes, until the rolls are golden on top.3 rosemary sprigs
We sometimes take for granted that we have years (or decades) of cooking experience that the average visitor may not. Add to, or remove from, the list below with health and safety tips.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. See our full Nutritional Disclosure here.
Please note that some of the links here are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I use all of the products listed and recommend them because they are companies that I have found helpful and trustworthy.