This fresh and hearty Vegan Thai Curry is a great way to make everyone happy while including all your vegetables.
Think ginger, lemon, fresh herbs, and different textures vegetables.
Dive into it! Stir in all the forgotten vegetables in your fridge, don’t let the lack of a couple spices stop you.
The important ingredients
I suggest you to get a good Coconut Milk and Fresh Ginger which make a great difference in the final result.
It is very important to use fragrant ingredients and full fat coconut milk.
Ginger is a must! Of course fresh ginger is the deal, but if you only have ginger powder and want to save a couple of minutes, go ahead!
I have tried it and it works perfectly.
Remember that besides its rich and fragrant flavor it has countless properties
Some of the Benefits of Ginger
Relieves Indigestion: if chronic indigestion is part of your life, ginger could bring some relief. Ginger before meals may make your system empty faster, leaving less time for food to sit and cause problems.
Fights Germs: helping your body ward off germs. They’re especially good at halting growth of bacteria like E.coli
Promotes Oral health: its antibacterial power may also brighten your smile. Active compounds in ginger keep oral bacteria from growing and prevents gum infection.
Protects Against Disease: it helps your body fight diseases of the lungs, plus promote healthy aging.
So it is always a great idea to add it to your meals, and beverages such as smoothies and tea.
If you use traditional commercial Red Curry Paste, it’s very likely that it has shrimp paste. I use the widely known Cock Brand from Thailand which doesn’t have animal ingredients.
Optional Add Bok Choy
If using Bok Choy, add during the last 3 minutes of heat. It is mostly water so that it will turn into nothing. It doesn’t have much flavor, so it will not change it, it will only add texture..
Thai Fresh Vegan Red Curry
- Large pan
- 1 onion large diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoons palm sugar
- 2 green onions or shallots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons ginger fresh (about 2 inches)
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass shredded, or lemongrass paste
- 2 tablespoons Vegan Red Curry paste
- 1 medium green bell pepper large dices
- 1 medium red bell pepper large dices
- 1 cup coconut milk organic good quality
- 1 hand-full coriander fresh half-chopped, rest whole leaves
- 1 broccoli head (cut in florets)
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Hand-full toasted peanuts or cashews
- 8 ounces tofu extra firm, cut in of ½ inch cubes
- 1 bunch bok choy
- 1 cup jasmine rice aromatic rice
- To make the curry, warm a large pan over medium heat and add two tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, and shallots while stirring until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the ginger, curry paste, and lemongrass, end enjoy the smells of your creation.
- After a minute, add the bell peppers and tomatoes.
- Add the coconut cream and a cup of water or vegetable stock, stir.
- Let it boil for 2 minutes, and add the pumpkin and half of chopped coriander.
- Cook until the bell peppers are fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and put a lid and let it seat for 10 mins.
- Stir-fry the tofu with the remaining coconut oil.
- Boil the Jasmin rice with some salt and serve with the Thai Curry topped with nuts, a squeeze of a lemon, and the coriander’s remainder.
More inspiration on Hearty and Casserole Style Dishes, check our:
Curious about reading more on Ginger Health’s benefits? Learn more.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links here are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I use all of the products listed and recommend them because they are companies that I have found helpful and trustworthy.