These Vegan Stuffed Shells Pasta are my new dangerous addiction. So, yummy, I can’t get enough. They are creamy, have a great texture, and are loaded with the most delicious mushrooms mix and tofu, to ensure they are also nutritious and full of protein.
These pasta shells make a perfect unique occasion starter. Why not try it out for Valentine's dinner!
- Jumbo pasta shells
- Fresh spinach or frozen spinach
- Dry tomatoes
- Extra-firm tofu
- Nutritional yeast
- Pesto sauce
If making homemade pesto. Make the 5-minutes Easy Vegan Pesto Recipe, simply placing all the ingredients in a blender.
- Lightly boil the jumbo shells until they are just al dente.
- Sauté your chopped vegetables and seasonings.
- Blend the sautéd ingredients in a food processor.
- Fill the pasta shells with the help of a spoon.
- Arrange the stuffed shells in a baking dish.
- Top with the pesto and bake for another couple of minutes.
Make these vegan stuffed shells for dinner tonight!
Here we offer some substitutions to make dairy-free stuffed shells
This mushroom stuffed shells recipe features highly nutritious and flavor-packed ingredients that are also easy to substitute.
This recipe is relatively easy to make and adaptable with any mix of veggies you have in your fridge. Simply process the vegetables along with the tofu, or tofu ricotta to make a tofu ricotta filling.
Instead of using tofu and nutritional yeast for the cheese flavor, you can use a portion of choice of vegan cheese shreds or simply use homemade vegan ricotta tofu cheese, which takes 5-minutes to make.
It yields a lot, so it’s perfect for serving a crowd, having seconds, or saving leftover stuffed shells for the next day.
You need a food processor (this one is my favorite), a saucepan, and a baking tray.
More Italian Inspiration
- Cacio e Pepe Spaghetti
- 3-Ingredient Pasta Sauce
- Pasta alla puttanesca
- Saffron Risotto
- Lemony Spaghetti
- 14 Vegan Italian Recipes
Check out our 14 Vegan Italian Dishes Post
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don't forget to tag a photo #ourplantbasedworld on Instagram. Cheers!
Best Stuffed Shells Pasta
- 12 ounces shell pasta jumbo, Italian Conchiglioni
- 10 ounces mushrooms champignon or any kind will do
- 6 ounces spinach
- 4 ounces dried tomato in oil
- 4 ounces extra-firm tofu
- 2 ounces breadcrumbs
- 2 ounces nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 cup parsley a bunch
- 1 teaspoon sea salt optional
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (180ºC) with racks in the middle and upper third of the oven. Bring a large stockpot of water to boil over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of salt.
- Dice the onion, zucchini, and garlic. Crumble the tofu. Cut the mushrooms in quarters. Roughly cut the dried tomatoes, parsley, and spinach. Stir fry everything for 5 minutes. No need to use oil. Let it cool down.10 ounces mushrooms, 6 ounces spinach, 4 ounces extra-firm tofu, 3 cloves garlic, 1 onion, 1 medium zucchini, 1 cup parsley, 4 ounces dried tomato
- Gently add the pasta shells into the boiling water in handfuls, so they don’t break. Cook until al dente, about 10 minutes, often stirring so they don’t stick to the pot. Drain off the water, place them under cold running water for 10 seconds, return the shells to the pot, and stir in some olive oil to prevent them from sticking.12 ounces shell pasta, 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Turn on the food processor and drop the stir-fried mix. Add the breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper. Blend well.2 ounces breadcrumbs, 2 ounces nutritional yeast, 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Stuff each shell generously with the mix with a teaspoon. Place each stuffed shell in the baker in rows and top the shells with the pesto sauce.7 ounces vegan basil pesto
- Bake on the middle rack for 30 minutes. Check how it is going and bake for 5 to 10 more minutes if necessary.
- Put the cherry tomatoes in an oiled pan, on high heat, for about 1 minute, until they start to have blisters.8 cherry tomatoes
- Garnish the shells with charred cherry tomatoes and some chopped parsley if desired.1 cup parsley
- Leftover shells will keep well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
We sometimes take for granted that we have years (or decades) of cooking experience that the average visitor may not. Add to or remove the list below with health and safety tips.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking points to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice. See our full Nutritional Disclosure here.
Please note that some of the links here are affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I use all of the products listed and recommend them because they are companies that I have found helpful and trustworthy.