This Italian Summer pasta is a favorite around our house year-round. You can make so many variations, and it's always refreshing and delicious. This particular recipe features lemon and garlic, two of my favorite ingredients. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
There is no need to sacrifice flavor for time, and you can make sure your friends try something memorable and convenient they can try on their own because they always want to know how to make it.
Who doesn’t love lemons? I am certainly not the exception; the question is, lemons with pasta? It doesn’t stop to amuse me how I never got to eat this earlier in my life and how new the concept is for most people. So why not use them for a quick vegan pasta?
You will also love the Lemony and Zesty Asparagus Pasta, which is also made quickly in 15 minutes, another Springtime favorite.
Your must-have ingredients: parsley, lemons, and almonds!
- Olive oil
Optionally you can add some spice with pepperoncino. We also like topping it with this 5-minute Homemade Vegan Parmesan Cheese.
✅ Benefits of lemons
Adding as much lemon as possible to your diet is excellent. Lemons contain a high amount of vitamin C, soluble fiber, and plant compounds, giving them many health benefits.
Also, lemons may aid weight loss and reduce your risk of heart disease, anemia, kidney stones, digestive issues, and cancer.
🍷 Wine Pairing
- Italy - Sparkling - Prosecco
- New Zealand - Dry - Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough)
🍋 More recipes with lemons
If you are like us and can't have enough Lemon in your life, you may find these dishes interesting!
If you are into Easy Simple Pasta Recipes, you should definitely try our:
- This fantastic 3-ingredient Pasta Sauce
- The Famous Roman Traditional Cacio e Pepe Spaghetti with its Wine Pairing recommendation
⭐ If you try this recipe, let us know! 💬 Leave a comment, rate it, and don't forget to tag us @ourplantbasedworld on Instagram. Cheers!
Get ready for a vegan, spicy pasta treat with crunchy roasted almonds!
Italian Summer Pasta with Lemon and Garlic
- ½ pound spaghetti gluten-free
- 10 ounces almonds Organic Raw
- ½ cup olive oil extra virgin, good quality
- 5 clove garlic
- 3 bunch parsley Italian, fresh and finely chopped
- 2 lemon both zest and juice
- 1 red chili small and chopped, pepperoncino
- 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 4 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast or vegan Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- Set the almonds in a flat pan, with the salt and some oil on medium-low, until they get golden, splash some tequila, move the pan for a couple of seconds, turn off the fire and let it cool.
- Slice the garlic cloves into tiny flakes.
- Set the olive oil on a wok-like pan with the garlic flakes on low. When they start to golden, turn the fire off.
- Chop the parsley, grind the lemon zest, and juice the lemons. When cool enough, coarsely chop the almonds and sea salt
- Set the water to boil with a bay leaf and salt. Take the spaghetti off the water 2 minutes before the suggested package time since you will finish the cooking on the pan, and you don’t want your pasta to turn out mushy. Drain it.
- With the kitchen tongs, start assembling all the ingredients, with the garlic and oil. At this point add also the chili. I love where the chilli takes all the flavor, if you can take some heat, make sure you use the chilly!
- Serve hot with nutritional yeast.
🌡️ Food safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking points to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice. See our full Nutritional Disclosure here.
Please note that some of the links here are affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I recommend all of the products listed because they are companies I have found helpful and trustworthy.