We can’t tell you how delicious this Spicy Sprouted Lentils Soup is. Perfect for Autumn and Winter Seasons. It is also full of protein and flavor.
This week we made a big batch of Sprouted Lentils, so it was a call to get creative on using this fabulous and nutritious resource.
It’s a rainy and gray week in Milano, and we just felt like having something warm, flavorful, and spicy.
Soups are also a great way to understand the spices profile because you can instantly experience how they affect your dish, avoiding a major disaster.
Home sprouted lentils
- Curry powder
- Vegetable stock
Optional: black pepper.
If you are just starting to get acquainted with spices, this is how you do it: play!
We felt like having something hearty and spicy this time, so I just went with Curry and Ginger, a classic Indian Food combination that hardly goes wrong.
- Make the vegetable stock. If you don’t have ready-made vegetable stock.
- Chop your onion, shallot, celery, and carrots. Mince the ginger and garlic.
- Stir fry, the veggies in a large pot set at medium heat.
- Add the vegetable stock, as soon as the onions are translucent. Also add the spices.
- Simmer for 5 mins and add the lentil sprouts.
- Cook for no more than 3 mins.
This Spicy Sprouted Lentils Soup came out wonderfully, and it was love at first slurp! But, of course, you have to try this one, so whenever you make a batch of Sprouted Lentils, make sure you save some to make this soup.
I usually use sprouted lentils for cold or warm salads, which didn’t match today’s cravings, so I went online to get some inspiration and realized that sprouted lentils go very well with soups! So I got in the kitchen and started creating something aligned with our cravings.
As with every soup, it gets better with time, so make enough to try more later. Soups are also great for freezing, a great way to save you some time, and eat deliciously consistently.
Learn about 10 Benefits of Carrot
More delicious soups to enjoy
More carrot recipes
- Savory Carrot Tart (Galette)
- Carrot, Apple, and Celery Juice
- Carrot and ginger soup
- Carrot Bacon Recipe
For more Protein-Packed Meals Ideas check these out:
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #ourplantbasedworld on Instagram. Cheers!
Recipe: Curried Hearty and Spicy Sprouted Lentils Soup
- Nutritional Yeast to Sprinkle
- Sourdough bread to serve
- Make the vegetable stock. If you don’t have ready-made vegetable stock, you can make your own by using one vegetable stock cube per 2 cups (500 ml) and bring it to boil.50 fl ounces vegetable stock
- Chop your onion, shallot, celery, and carrots. Mince the ginger and garlic.1 onion, 2 garlic cloves, 1 shallot, 3 celery stalks, 1 tablespoon ginger, 2 carrots medium
- Stir fry, the veggies in a large pot set at medium heat. You don't need oil, the vegetable stock will lift any sticking veggies on the next step while creating flavor.
- Add the vegetable stock, as soon as the onions are translucent. Also add the spices.¾ teaspoon curry powder, 50 fl ounces vegetable stock, ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Simmer for 5 mins and add the lentil sprouts.10 ounces sprouted lentils
- Cook for no more than 3 mins.
- Serve. Top and/or pair with nutritional yeast and sourdough bread.Nutritional Yeast, Sourdough bread
Learn more about Sprouting Lentils and its benefits.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. See our full Nutritional Disclosure here.
Please note that some of the links here are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I use all of the products listed and recommend them because they are companies that I have found helpful and trustworthy.