Can’t tell you how delicious this Spicy Sprouted Lentils Soup is. Perfect for Autumn and Winter Seasons. It is also full of protein and flavor.
This week we made a big batch of Sprouted Lentils, so it was a call out to get creative on using this fabulous and nutritious resource.
It’s a rainy and gray week in Milano, and we just felt like something warm, flavorful, and spicy.
I usually use sprouted lentils for cold or warm salads, which didn’t match our today’s cravings, so I went online to get some inspiration and realised that sprouted lentils go very well with soups! So I got in the kitchen and started creating something aligned with our cravings.
It came out really well, and it was love at first slurp! You have to try this one, so whenever you make a batch of Sprouted Lentils, make sure you save some to make this soup.
As with every soup, it gets better with time, so make enough to try more later. Soups are also great for freezing, a great way to save you some time and eat deliciously consistently.
Soups are also a great way to understand the spices profile because you can instantly experience how they affect your dish, avoiding a major disaster.
If you are just starting to get acquainted with spices, this is how you do it: play!
We felt like something hearty and spicy this time, so I just went with Curry and Ginger, a classic Indian Food combination that hardly goes wrong.
Curried Hearty and Spicy Sprouted Lentils Soup
- Sauce Pan
- 10 ounces Sprouted Lentils
- 2 carrots medium
- 1 onion white, small
- 1 shallot
- 3 celery stalks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra-virgin
- ¾ teaspoon curry powder
- 50 fl ounces vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon ginger fresh ground ginger or 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper or ¼ cayenne pepper or pepperoncini
- Nutritional Yeast to Sprinkle
- Sourdough bread to serve
- If you don’t have ready-made vegetable stock, you can make your own by using one vegetable stock cube per 500 ml and bring it to boil.
- Chop your onion, shallot, celery, garlic, and carrots.
- In a large pot, stir fry the ingredients along with the olive oil.
- When translucent, add the vegetable stock and the spices.
- Let it simmer for 5 mins and add the lentil sprouts.
- Let it cook for no more than 3 mins.
Learn more about Sprouting Lentils and its benefits Here.
For more Heart Warming Recipes check these out: