This Vegan Cauliflower Wings Recipe makes everyone happy; it flies in minutes. Make sure you make enough and serve with additional snacks like carrot and celery sticks.
Chicken wings are very popular in Panama, my hometown, given the close relationship we have with the US, a Super Bowl favorite.
Although this is snack does not taste like Chicken Wings, it delivers both excellent flavor and texture—it is also a great vegan and healthy option snack option.
This Vegan Cauliflower Wings Recipe is loved by both carnivores and vegan fellows. They munch on them equally, and they have a low carb count.
The Benefits of Cauliflower
Packed With Vitamins, Minerals and Bioactive Compounds
Contains Potent Antioxidants That Offer Health-Protective Effects
May Protect Against Certain Types of Cancer
High in Fiber
May Aid in Weight Loss
Low-Carb Alternative to Grains and Legumes
Easy to Add to Your Diet as it can be eaten raw, steamed, roasted or sauteed.
It is High in Choline which plays a major role in maintaining the integrity of cell membranes, synthesizing, brain development and promotes a healthy nervous system.
Vegan Cauliflowers Wings Recipe
- Baking Tray
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1 ½ cups BBQ sauce or Buffalo sauce, pick one that is not too sweet
- ⅔ cup breadcrumbs
- ⅔ cup chickpea flour or any other flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons almond milk or any unsweetened vegetable milk of choice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil extra-virgin
- oil spray
Optional to serve:
- tartar sauce Blue cheese sauce, or Ranch sauce
- Pre-heat the oven at 430ºF (225ºC).
- Separate the cauliflower in florets (save the stems for a stew, they are as nutritious as the florets).
- Make a mix with the flour, garlic powder, and breadcrumbs.
- Spray the cauliflower florets with the oil spray and then moist them with the milk.
- Put the florets with the dry mix in a plastic bag and shake it, ensuring the florets are well coated.
- Oil a flat tray or place parchment paper on it.
- Place the cauliflower florets on the tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the oil with the BBQ sauce.
- Take out the florets and dip them in the BBQ sauce.
- Put them back in the tray.
- Bake them for another 15 minutes.
More vegan Snacks?
Want to learn more about the health benefits of Cauliflower? Click here.