Frozen mixed berry smoothie: this easy berry smoothie is quick to make and requires only 5 ingredients, 2 minutes, and a blender.
This is the kind of smoothie that is full of flavor, adults and kids love, and provides countless health benefits. Also, berries have a lot of fiber which will surely keep you full until lunch.
- Frozen Mixed Berries
- Frozen banana
- Plant milk
See the recipe card for quantities.
We need to blend all the ingredients on a high-speed blender. We love this Professional Blender which has a very accessible price and is super effective in crushing everything and has a large volume capacity. We also use it to make our Almond Milk.
I like making this smoothie with frozen berries and bananas, but you can also make it with fresh fruit; you only need to add extra ice cubes to make it silky.
Berries taste great, are highly nutritious, and provide a vast array of health benefits, including hair, heart, and skin.
Including berries in your diet is a great idea to improve your overall health deliciously. This frozen mixed berry smoothie can offer a lot of beneficial aspects to your health.
Health benefits of berries
Berries are amongst the healthiest foods on Earth. Here are some of them.
Benefits of berries for hair
Berries have many beneficial antioxidants and vitamins, such as vitamin C, that may promote hair growth. Antioxidants can help nourish hair follicles and protect against damage from harmful free radicals.
Benefits of berries for skin
Berries may help reduce skin wrinkling, as their antioxidants help control free radicals, which is a leading cause of skin damage.
Various studies suggest that berries may protect skin by blocking the production of enzymes that break down collagen in the skin that has been damaged by excessive sun exposure.
Collagen is a protein that constitutes an essential part of our skin’s structure. Collagen allows our skin to stretch. Conversely, our bodies develop wrinkles when collagen is damaged.
Benefits of berries for hearth
Many berries have proven benefits for heart health. These include lowering blood pressure and cholesterol while reducing oxidative stress.
Berries have many folates (vitamin B) known for their benefits that include improved cardiovascular health.
Add extra blueberries
For this smoothie using frozen fruit, I decided to include an extra cup of blueberries as they are strong Antioxidant Superfoods and achieve a perfect Purple Smoothie.
Remember that the appearance and presentation of your food are just as important as the taste and flavor.
The way the food looks on the plate is what tempts our eyes and makes you want to taste it.
Health benefits of blueberries
Blueberries are high in phytoflavinoids, potassium, and vitamin C, making them the top choice of doctors and nutritionists. In addition, not only can they lower your risk of heart disease and cancer, but they are also anti-inflammatory.
These are the ten benefits of blueberries:
- Healthy Eyesight - Blueberries will maintain and improve your vision because they contain a number of nutrients that can help prevent macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Enhance Your Memory - The antioxidants in blueberries might protect the brain from free radical damage which could potentially decrease memory loss associated with aging.
- Improved Brain Activity - There is an immediate increase in memory and recall shortly after consuming blueberries because they contain a lot of vitamin C, manganese, and flavonoids which can increase blood flow to the brain.
- High Source of Vitamin K - Vitamin K benefits include promoting bone health by taking part in bone formation and preventing fractures.
- Prevents Age-Related Inflammatory Diseases - A high intake of flavonoids may help improve systemic inflammation which often leads to age-related diseases such as type II diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Blueberries Promote Heart Health - Blueberries contain a variety of antioxidants that can reduce the risk of heart disease by helping to fight free radicals that damage blood vessels.
- Blueberries Promote Optimal Brain Health - Blueberries are packed with antioxidants that help protect the brain from oxidative stress at the cellular level which can prevent diseases such as Parkinson's and Alzheimer's.
- Helpful for Weight Management - The benefits of blueberries for weight loss include being a nutrient-dense fruit that is high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- May Help Fight Cancer - Blueberries' benefits extend beyond helping to prevent cancer thanks to their antioxidant content which can help fight the disease at the cellular level.
- Blueberry Nutrition Facts - A one-cup serving of blueberries contains approximately 89 calories, 0 grams of fat, 21 grams of carbohydrates, 4 grams of fiber, and 1 gram of protein.
Health Benefits of Blackberries
These are the ten benefits of blackberries in smoothies that you will get from using them:
- The Highest amount of antioxidants - Blackberries contain the highest amount of antioxidants when compared to other types of berries and provide benefits like increased energy and improved cardiovascular health.
- Protects heart health - Blackberries benefits include protecting your heart by preventing or reducing plaque buildup in arteries that may lead to heart disease.
- Improves vision - Blackberries benefits include the ability to improve your eyesight because of their high level of vitamin A which is one of five vitamins essential for good vision.
- Protects skin - When you eat blackberries benefits include protecting your skin from premature aging and wrinkles by boosting collagen production in your body.
- Improves digestion - The benefits of blackberries include relieving constipation naturally because they are high in fiber and water content.
- Prevents cancer - Blackberries benefits include preventing certain types of cancers like leukemia, stomach, colon, liver, bladder and prostate cancers because they contain ellagic acid which is believed to stop the cancer cell from multiplying.
- Improves heart health - Blackberries benefits include preventing blood clotting and improving blood circulation which will help to prevent cardiovascular disease like stroke and atherosclerosis, also known as hardening of the arteries.
- Fights diabetes - Blackberries benefits include fighting against type II diabetes because they contain chromium which can regulate blood sugar levels to prevent diabetes complications.
- Prevents anemia - Blackberries benefits include preventing anemia because they are rich in iron which is essential for oxygen transport in the body and hemoglobin formation. Hemoglobin is a protein found in red blood cells that makes sure your body gets enough oxygen by carrying it through your bloodstream from place to place.
- Healthy eyes - The benefits of blackberries include keeping your eyes healthy with benefits like improved night vision and prevention of cataracts because they contain lutein and zeaxanthin which filter harmful blue light rays from the sun that can damage your eyesight over time.
In conclusion, this smoothie is a great bet to contribute to your well-being to achieve both short and long-term health.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #ourplantbasedworld on Instagram. Cheers!
Recipe: Frozen Mixed Berry Smoothie
- 1 cup blueberries frozen or fresh
- 1 cup mixed berries frozen or fresh
- 1 banana large, ripe previously sliced and frozen
- 1 pear medium and cored
- ½ cup almond milk organic unsweetened
- ½ cup water
- If using fresh products add 10 ice cubes
- If you like sweet smoothies add 4 pitted dates or tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- In a blender, add all the ingredients.1 cup blueberries, 1 cup mixed berries, 1 banana, 1 pear, ½ cup almond milk, ½ cup water, If you like sweet smoothies add 4 pitted dates
- Blend until creamy and smooth. Add more liquid (cold water) if too thick or ice cubes to thicken.If using fresh products add 10 ice cubes
We sometimes take for granted that we have years (or decades) of cooking experience that the average visitor may not. Add to, or remove from, the list below with health and safety tips.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. See our full Nutritional Disclosure here.
Please note that some of the links here are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I use all of the products listed and recommend them because they are companies that I have found helpful and trustworthy.