I have always been a fan of grapefruit but have generally stuck to freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice. This grapefruit smoothie recipe is creamy, fresh and vitamins, and protein-packed.
This Grapefruit Juice can be used as a post-workout smoothie, and when we aim to lose some weight, we drink our slimming juice, which has reduced sugar and also features de-bloating ingredients.
This grapefruit smoothie for weight loss is the perfect green smoothie to get back on track. This smoothie recipe features anti-inflammatory fresh ginger, pear's natural sweetness, and filling leafy greens and frozen bananas.
You can easily add it to your workout routine by adding grapefruit after a workout. It's right carbs can help you refuel. It has a high antioxidant quantity which helps to diminish inflammation and leads to better recovery. Add protein powder or chia seeds to increase this macronutrient's content in your refreshing smoothie.
- Pink grapefruit
- Plant milk
Optionally, you can add ginger and fresh mint.
See quantities and complete instructions in the recipe card.
Making this green smoothie is quick to make and requires only 5 ingredients and 10 minutes.
We need to blend all the ingredients in a high-speed blender. We love this Professional Blender which has a very accessible price, is super effective in crushing everything, and has a large volume capacity. We also use it to make our Almond Milk.
🧃 Smoothies and juicing
About two years ago, we started making smoothies in the mornings to give a little twist to our morning juicing routine, which typically includes our favorite Green Celery Juice.
We alternate between morning juicing, intermittent fasting, morning low-calorie detox-anti-inflammatory and immune system boosters, and now Smoothies!
New workout habits come with new plans, this is how we plan our week:
- Intermittent Fasting on Mondays and Wednesdays. So, we have a Vinyasa Yoga class watching our favorite Yoga Channel from Jessica Richburg, which we discovered a couple of months ago and are loving it.
- Four times a week, after the morning workout, we have juice. One Green Juice, One Carrot Juice, and One Beetroot Ultimate Workout Juice.
- Two times a week, we have green smoothies, either this pink Grapefruit Smoothie, a Post-workout Protein Smoothie, or our times favorite Mango Smoothie.
- We start with a Detox Lemon, Ginger, and Turmeric tea on the days we don't fast.
Want to know more about the benefits of Juicing? Check our post:
🍊 9 health benefits of grapefruit
Grapefruit is one of the healthiest fruits on earth. It’s rich in minerals, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Grapefruit's health benefits are the following:
- Very hydrating.
- May promote appetite control.
- It’s low in Calories, Yet High in Nutrients.
- It may Benefit Your Immune System.
- It’s High in Powerful Antioxidants and it is full of powerful antioxidants.
- Eating Grapefruit May Improve Heart Health.
- It may promote appetite control, and it has been shown to aid weight loss.
- Grapefruit may help prevent insulin resistance and diabetes.
- May reduce the risk of kidney stones.
If you want more details about Grapefruit health benefits, visit HealthLine
This kale and fruit Smoothie is excellent for you these cold Winter days with lots of immune-boosting Vitamin C to ward off Flus colds.
In addition to kale's health benefits, this grapefruit banana smoothie also has plenty of potassium and fiber from banana and pear.
I also love the kale almond milk smoothie's texture as it's refreshing, creamy, and still light.
🥤 More Smoothie Recipes
If you don't have a good blender, we think it is an excellent investment; we use it at least twice a day, and it's really worth it. Try some of our favorite smoothies:
⭐ If you try this recipe, let us know! 💬 Leave a comment, rate it, and don't forget to tag us @ourplantbasedworld on Instagram. Cheers!
Grapefruit Smoothie Recipe
- 1 grapefruit medium, peeled/ seeds removed
- 1 pear ripe, large, cored
- 2 cups kale stems removed
- 1 ripe banana large, previously sliced and frozen
- 4 ice cubes
- ½ cup rice milk unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger optional / peeled and chopped
- 10 mint leaves optional
- Wash and prepare the ingredients.
- In a blender, add all ingredients and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add more liquid (ice water) if too thick or ice to thicken.
🌡️ Food safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking points to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice. See our full Nutritional Disclosure here.
Please note that some of the links here are affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I use all of the products listed and recommend them because they are companies that I have found helpful and trustworthy.