I have always been a fan of grapefruit but have generally stuck to freshly squeezed grape juice. This grapefruit smoothie recipe is creamy, fresh and vitamins, and protein-packed.
Recently I started making smoothies in the mornings to give a little twist to our morning juicing routine, which typically includes our favorite Green Celery Juice.
We are now alternating between morning juicing, intermittent fasting, morning zero calories detox-anti-inflammatory and immune system boosters, and now Smoothies!
We recently started a 365-day yoga challenge to ensure we stay healthy no matter the lock-down status; as we have always been more of the outdoors sports kind of, we have suffered Northern Italy strict measures during the past winter months.
New workout habits come with new plans so, we this is how we plan our week:
- Intermittent Fasting on Mondays and Wednesdays. So, we have a Vinyasa Yoga class watching our favorite Yoga Channel from Jessica Richburg, which we discovered two months ago and are loving it.
- Four times a week, after the morning workout, we have juice. One Green Juice, One Carrot Juice, and One Beetroot Ultimate Workout Juice.
- Two times a week, we have smoothies, either this Grapejuice Smoothie, a Spinach Protein Smoothie, or a Mango Smoothie.
- On the days we don’t fast, we start with a Detox Lemon, Ginger and Turmeric tea.
Grapefruit and Kale Smoothie Benefits
This kale and fruit Smoothie is excellent for you these cold Winter days with lots of immune-boosting Vitamin C to ward off Flus colds.
In addition to kale’s health benefits, this grapefruit banana smoothie also has plenty of potassium and fiber from banana and pear.
I also love the kale almond milk smoothie’s texture as it’s refreshing, creamy, and still light.
This healthy kale smoothie quick to make and requires only 5 ingredients and 10 minutes.
If you guys make it, please let us know! Take a picture and tag it #ourplantbasedworld on Instagram – we’d love to see it!
- 1 medium grapefruit peeled/ seeds removed
- 1 large sweet pear cored
- 2 cups kale (washed and cleaned)
- 1 large ripe banana previously sliced and frozen
- 4 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened rice milk
- 1 tsp fresh ginger optional / peeled and chopped
- 10 mint leaves
- Wash and prepare the ingredients.
- In a blender, add all ingredients and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add more liquid (ice water) if too thick or ice to thicken.