This Homemade Vinaigrette Recipe is ready in less than five minutes and will make any boring salad taste like heaven. Simply the best salad dressing recipe ever!
I grew up in Panama with five brothers and sisters, and my mom used to make this vegan vinaigrette just right before we sat at the table. Yes, it is really made in minutes. My mom probably made it in seconds!
How to Make a Homemade Vinaigrette
In this easy, step-by-step guide, I’ll show you how to make perfect, 7-ingredient homemade vinaigrette salad dressing every time.
The steps to make this easy vinaigrette recipe are simple. Chop, pour, squeeze and shake!
Pro Tips to make a homemade oil and vinegar salad dressing
- The secret to getting the best homemade vinaigrette right is to watch the proportions of oil vs. vinegar. Always use three parts of oil for every part of vinegar.
- To adjust the vinaigrette to your liking, add more vinegar or lime for acidity or extra virgin olive oil for richness.
- If you prefer to add the salt and pepper directly to your salad, don’t include them in the recipe.
- Alternatively, in place of a mason jar, you can put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them with a whisk.
- Store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Interested in a no-oil dressing for Your Salad?
I like using this Homemade Vegan Parmesan which works beautifully!
Homemade Vinaigrette Recipe
- Finely chop the red onion and garlic.
- In a mason jar or any other jar with a lid, squeeze the lime, add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, finely chopped onion, garlic, thyme, oregano leaves, salt, etc., pepper. Alternatively, instead of using a mason jar, you can put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them with a whisk.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more vinegar for acidity, extra virgin olive oil for richness.
- Close the lid and shake for a couple of seconds.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Please note that some of the links here are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I use all of the products listed and recommend them because they are companies that I have found helpful and trustworthy.