Spiced Cranberry Sauce
We have tried this Spiced Cranberry Sauce with the Porcini Mushrooms Stuffing in warm rosemary Christmas bread buns, and it is heaven! This is the best cranberry sauce we have tried! Enjoy!
- Sauce Pan
Optional (and recommended):
- 1 clementine or orange
- Place the dry cranberries in a bowl with 1 cup of hot water and a teabag for 5 minutes.
- Heat a pan with a drizzle of coconut oil and add the drained cranberries.
- If using the clementine, add the freshly squeezed juice and cinnamon, sticks, and cloves. Cook, stirring regularly for around 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger.
- Once the cranberries start to wilt, add the nutmeg and simmer further. You can add water if the cranberries are drying too much.
- Next, add the maple syrup and taste. Cranberries are sour, and you want to get the sweet just right. You may want to add more syrup.
- Continue to simmer; at this stage, it should look more like a cranberry jam.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and the cloves.
- You can add to a jar, cool down, and store it in the fridge for later, or serve immediately.
Calories: 78kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 3mgPotassium: 104mgFiber: 3gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 23IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 52mgIron: 1mg