If you like green juices, this homemade simple green juice recipe is for you. We started juicing years ago, and in the process, we have perfected a series of juices including this tart-sweet green juice recipe.
Our favorite green juice has a lot of tummy-friendly nutrients and is great for using up leftover produce from the week. Rich in vitamins and minerals, it’s the perfect drink when you’re seeking some real nourishment to get your day started.
Plus, it’s ready in just 5 minutes with 6 ingredients and a juicer. Don’t worry if you don’t have a juicer. You can make it in a blender by just adding an extra step, passing the blended produce through a cheesecloth.
How to Make Green Juice
Our Green Juice Formula – We like to use moisture-rich celery as a base, then add kale and spinach as super greens for pungent green color and protein. Apple and clementine (or tangerine or mandarin) add sweetness, while ginger adds tart flavor and an anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting superpower!
Wash, peel, and chop – Our Juicer instructions recommend chopping vegetables into pieces small enough to fit easily down the chute. They also recommend peeling all citrus fruits as they can be difficult for the machine to process, which inhibits them from being fully juiced and also add unwanted bitterness due to its pealing.
Juice! Turn the juicer on and pass all the ingredients through the juicer, using your tamper. We recommend mixing the ingredients as you run them down the chute. Some pieces of celery, mixed with clementine, kale apples, and ginger. When all push together it helps to move things through. If you decide (as we do), to use the celery leaves, they may get stuck. This is where mixing everything together helps.
10 Benefits of Kale
- Kale Is One of The World’s Best Sources of Vitamin K which is critical for blood clotting. A single raw cup of Kale contains almost 7 times the recommended daily amount.
- It Is an excellent Vitamin C source.
- Kale might be able to aid weight loss.
- It has a vast number of cancer-fighting substances.
- Kale Is has powerful nutrients that aid eyes’ protection.
- It is an excellent source of minerals.
- Kale has a lot of beta-carotene which is great for eyes and skin health.
- It can be helpful in lowering cholesterol.
- It has tons of powerful antioxidants.
- As said before, Kale is among the most nutrient-dense foods on Earth.
In addition to including this healthy Juice in your diet, you could use this Simple and Easy to make Savory Kale Snack.
- Before you get started, buy a high-quality juicer (see our Juicing for Health: the truth about juicing Post notes).
- We recommend a slow masticating juicer (like this one), which better preserves the nutrients.
- Try to buy organic produce whenever possible. If you can’t find organic produce, be sure to wash thoroughly and peel the skin when possible. Kale tends to be amongst the dirty dozen veggies, meaning traces of pesticides are often found in it. As soon as you get them from the supermarket, put them in a bowl with a teaspoon of baking soda, and that will help wash out the pesticides.
- Chop produce into small pieces that easily fit down your juicer chute. And don’t rush the juicing process by cramming too much produce down the chute at once, which can overwhelm the juicer and stress the motor / clog the machine.
- Enjoy juice fresh or within 24 hours for the best flavor/nutrient content (store leftovers well-sealed in the refrigerator).
- Compost the leftover pulp. Depending on the ingredients you use for your juice, you may be able to use it for things like crackers and bread.
More Nourishing Juice, Drinks and Smoothies Recipes
- Morning Celery Juice
- Carrot Apple and Celery Juice
- Beetroot Pre and Post Workout Juice
- Vegan Golden Milk
- Frozen Mixed Berries Smoothie
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #ourplantbasedworld on Instagram. Cheers!
Simple Green Juice Recipe + Juicing Tips
- ½ head celery about 6 stalks, leaves, and all.
- 1 cup spinach organic
- 1 bundle kale organic
- 1 green apple medium
- 1 tablespoon ginger fresh, about 1 inch
- 2 clementines or mandarines
- Rinse the celery, kale, spinach and apple.
- Peel the clementines and clean the ginger (no need to peel the ginger).
- Start introducing all the ingredients, combining the leaves and solids, to prevent the juicer from getting stuck.
- Serve fresh or store close in a container for a maximum of 24 hours although it is recommended to have it freshly juiced.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Please note that some of the links here are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I use all of the products listed and recommend them because they are companies that I have found helpful and trustworthy.