This Morning Celery Juice is the ultimate Immune System Booster and it has great anti-inflammatory properties.
Celery juice is a simple and delicious way to start your day. It's an especially great option if you're not feeling well because it boosts the immune system, helps digestion, and has natural anti-inflammatory properties.
Celery juice is a great way to start your morning. It provides you with rich nutrients that can give you more energy for the day. Celery juice also helps detoxify the body, as it contains many antioxidants and enzymes that are essential for removing toxins from your system.
In this blog post I will:
- Discuss some of the benefits of drinking celery juice in the morning on an empty stomach
- Plus provide a recipe for making celery juice!
You might have heard about the latest celery juice trend, but do you know why it's so great? Celery juice is full of health benefits and essential nutrients like magnesium, potassium, and calcium.
These minerals are good for your bones, blood pressure, and heart health. It can also reduce morning sickness during pregnancy (it was used by midwives in Europe back when they were the only prenatal care available).
Celery juice is also a natural diuretic, it helps rid the body of excess water weight and toxins. It can even help people struggling with kidney stones.
Not only that but morning celery juice is great for your skin! The high levels of Vitamin A in celery reduce wrinkles, acne scars, and dark spots from sun damage all while improving your complexion.
Celery Juice Benefits Abstract
- Celery juice can help prevent disease, especially cardiovascular diseases.
- Drinking celery juice in the morning on an empty stomach helps to boost your metabolism because it provides you with essential nutrients that are needed for proper organ function and cell production.
- Because of its high antioxidant content, celery is beneficial for skin health and can help you prevent diseases such as diabetes and cancer.
- Celery juice is good for your heart, blood pressure, eyes, hair, and nails!
- This morning celery juice recipe contains ginger to help reduce inflammation, improve heart health, and boost immunity!
Drinking fresh celery juice on an empty stomach
Drinking fresh celery juice on an empty stomach is beneficial because it helps you to detoxify your body and provides you with essential nutrients.
You can better absorb the nutrients available within the inner fibers of celery which has been extracted by the juicer, thus we can enjoy more of the celery stalks health benefits.
These nutrients help our bodies remove free radicals and get rid of heavy metals, such as mercury and aluminum, found in our systems.
These metals accumulate over time and can damage vital organs like the kidneys and liver. Celery helps to flush these metals out of the body.
Celery juice is also a great morning drink because it helps kick-start your metabolism which leads to increased fat burning throughout the day and night, helping you lose weight. It contains an amino acid called tryptophan that has been found in studies to help suppress
This recipe is closely related to our Cucumber, Carrot, and Celery juice, which aims to bring together more nutritional value for skin health.
I personally made an Organic Celery Juice detox last year, after I had a terrible accident, where I temporarily lost my ability to move two of my right-hand fingers. It was a matter of several factors.
One of the things that were affecting my health was the resulting chronic inflammation of the incident. I read thoroughly about celery juice benefits and how it could help, and I was amazed to see how quickly I got better, not only with inflammation but it also helped me lose the extra pounds that I had gained after being convalescent in bed for three months, and also experienced improved digestion.
- Organic Celery
- Green Apple
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to make celery juice?
It is effortless to make Detox Morning Celery Juice. The easiest method is to put the celery in a Juicer which will extract the juice in seconds.
If you don't have a Juicer, the second method is to place the celery in a blender and blend until smooth. Then, strain through a strainer, cheesecloth, or nut-milk bag and serve.
If you are not yet into juicing yet, I highly recommend getting a Cold-Pressed Juicer. Great investment. If you are unsure, give it a try with a blender which is a more typical kitchen artifact, and see how you like it.
What is the ideal amount of celery juice to receive the healing benefits?
The ideal amount of celery juice for getting all its healing benefits is sixteen ounces a day. However, you may choose to increase your intake up to twenty-four to thirty-two ounces a day, suffering from chronic illness or symptoms.
What are the benefits of drinking celery juice?
There are tons of benefits of drinking celery juice on an empty stomach and wait about fifteen minutes before consuming any solids.
- Celery juice cleans all the mess inside your body. It has a sodium cluster salt that kills pathogens behind auto-immune conditions.
- Celery juice revives liver cells.
- Celery juice restores our central nervous system and flushes out our livers from toxins and residual old pharmaceuticals, metals, herbicides, pesticides, and petrochemicals.
- Aids digestive problems and gets rid of acid reflux.
- Celery juice aids weight loss by cleaning toxins in the liver and helps improve health overall.
10 Benefits of Celery Juice
There is a lot of consensus and research on the benefits of celery. Here is a list of the top benefits of celery juice. Please do your research and ask your doctor.
- Celery Juice is a natural anti-inflammatory, reduces chronic joint pain, gout, and rheumatoid arthritis. It soothes the body, but it is believed to soothe the nerves due to its calming and relaxing properties.
- Alkalizing: celery is highly alkaline, which helps to prevent chronic diseases.
- This juice contains antioxidants and cancer-fighting compounds.
- Celery juice improves digestion because it increases circulation in the intestines. It’s good for constipation, bloating, puffiness, and water retention; it acts as a gentle and natural diuretic and laxative.
- Celery Juice lowers cholesterol. It Reduces the bad cholesterol (LDL) in our bloodstream.
- Celery Juice helps lowering blood pressure by acting as a smooth muscle relaxant, improving the flow of calcium and potassium in cells, allowing blood vessels to expand and contract with greater ease.
- Aids the liver; celery helps reduce fat build-up in the liver. The nutrients in celery protect the liver and produce enzymes that help flush fat and toxins.
- Celery Juice helps fighting infections. Celery contains powerful antimicrobial properties that boost immunity and fight infections.
- The Celery Juice activates and heals the gut helping us digest things faster and more efficiently and prevent and cure acid reflux and ulcers.
- Celery Juice is very nutritious. It is packed with vitamins and essential minerals like potassium, folate, vitamin K, vitamin B6, and vitamin C. Great for the skin.
Best way to drink celery juice
The best way to drink this magnificent juice is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, by itself. I am proposing to add an apple and ginger to this recipe because many people find it too bitter and fall of the track before experimenting with this juice's great benefits.
My twist to make it delicious
I add ginger and an apple to our juice because ginger adds an immune system booster property we all need these days. I add the green apple for its antioxidants properties and sweetness, enhancing the flavor and making it delicious, which I cannot say about this morning's green juice by itself.
Of course, you can add as many fruits and vegetables to your morning juice, but keeping it simple saves time and allows your body to absorb the nutrients much better.
It happened to me. So adding an apple and ginger during the first weeks will help you get used to the flavor of celery because it tastes delicious. Then little by little, you can increase the ratio of celery vs. apple and ginger and drink it by itself.
It doesn't mean that it won't work; it is just that the celery juice's most significant benefits are realized when consumed on its own.
Wait for 15 to 30 minutes before consuming anything else.
Celery Juice is not a breakfast, is a tonic. You still need to have breakfast afterward.
I drink my morning celery juice pre-workout and eat a protein breakfast post-workout. Then, I eat something like a Tofu Scramble or Homemade Granola to replenish my body from the minerals lost from sweating.
Also, I prefer exercising with as little as possible in my stomach for two reasons:
- Avoiding any pain in the right side of the belly.
- Feeling lighter
- I can eat a full protein-packed breakfast which nutrients my body will absorb better.
I often drink beetroot after work out for its anti-inflammatory, stamina, and muscle power improving benefits.
Drinking Celery juice in the morning is great because it has anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, the ingredients in this juice help improve skin health, improve the digestive tract's function, and help relax nerves, which are sometimes damaged due to unhealthy lifestyle and food choices.
Get an excellent Cold-Pressed juicer; it will be one of the best investments you have made in the year! Trust me! Make sure you check the juicer's instructions before starting, as many juicers have different working mechanisms.
More celery benefits
In the morning (jugo verde as it is called in Latin America), this green juice can also strengthen bones and have anti-insomnia properties.
But why celery juice and not just eating it with hummus or cooked?
Celery is high in fiber, which is excellent for the digestive tract. Still, it makes it harder for the body to extract the total value of this super vegetable. That is why it is good to give our body a little help by doing some pre-work for it, so it spends less time breaking the fiber and more time assimilating the nutrients.
…and why first thing in the morning?
In the morning, the digestive tract is clean; thus, the intestine can absorb everything much better.
Do you want to know more about the benefits of Juicing? Check out our post:
More Healthy Juices?
- Beetroot and Celery Juice: the Ultimate Pre and Post-workout drink
- 10 Benefits of Carrot, Apple and Celery Juice
- Carrot Beet and Pineapple Detox Juice
- Pineapple and Cucumber Juice for Weight Lose
Additional Nutritious Breakfast ideas are below:
- Breakfast Fruit Bowl
- Oats and Chia Pudding
- Best Homemade Granola
- The only Tofu Scramble Recipe you need!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #ourplantbasedworld on Instagram. Cheers!
Recipe: Morning Green Juice
- 3 cups celery about 4 stalks, leaves, and all.
- 1 green apple
- 1 tablespoon ginger fresh, about 1 inch
- Rinse the celery, apple and ginger.3 cups celery, 1 green apple, 1 tablespoon ginger
- Chop. Depending on the Juicer you have, you may be able to throw everything in the Juicer without cutting it; if not, take out the core of the apple.
Makin Celery Juice with a Juicer:
- Start introducing all the ingredients, combining the leaves and solids, to prevent the juicer from getting stuck.
- Serve fresh or store close in a container for a maximum of 24 hours although it is recommended to have it freshly juiced.
Makin Celery Juice with a Blender:
- Place the celery in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain through a strainer, cheesecloth, or nut-milk bag and serve.
- Serve fresh or store close in a container for a maximum of 24 hours.
Pin it for Later!
Want to learn more about the benefits of Celery Juice? Here
We sometimes take for granted that we have years (or decades) of cooking experience that the average visitor may not. Add to, or remove from, the list below with health and safety tips.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. See our full Nutritional Disclosure here.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links here are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I use all of the products listed and recommend them because they are companies that I have found helpful and trustworthy.