Are you looking for a weight loss smoothie that is packed with nutrition? This spinach apple smoothie is perfect for you! Not only does it taste delicious, but it is also low in calories and packed with antioxidants. Start adding green smoothies to your daily routine today!
Smoothies are a great way to start your day by being packed with plant-powered nutrients. They are delicious, and easy to make and digest, and you can include veggies and ingredients that you find to include in your regular diet.
This kiwi spinach smoothie weight loss was created with the idea of making a delicious but low-calorie drink to help you lose weight, just like our pineapple and cucumber smoothie and the spinach ginger smoothie. That's why we excluded popular ingredients high in sugar, such as frozen bananas, and included those high in fiber to keep you fuller for longer.
That's how we created our pineapple and cucumber juice for weight loss and applied these principles to this smoothie.
- Apples - we like using red apples for extra sweetness and less acidity, as kiwi already adds acidity to the smoothie.
- Kiwi - this fantastic fruit is packed with flavor, fiber, and sweetness.
- Baby spinach - what are green smoothies without spinach? Spinach smoothies are popular because that's the easiest way to pack lots of greens, fiber, and antioxidants into one's diet.
- Oat milk - since we are not using bananas, we chose oat milk over the regular unsweetened almond milk because oat milk tends to be silkier and has insoluble dietary fiber. Make sure you use gluten-free oats if you make your own oat milk or use almond milk.
- Pitted dates - these beauties are an excellent way to add sweetness to your healthy smoothies and all kinds of sweets; they also add a delicious and mellow flavor that you will surely love.
See the recipe card for quantities.
💡 Top tip
Use frozen fruit and spinach when making a green smoothie, so you don't have to add ice cubes to the smoothie; that way, your smoothie will be silkier.
To make this apple and spinach smoothie, start by chopping, peeling the kiwi, and then coring the apple. If you prepare your ingredients the day before, store them in the fridge using an airtight container or a BPA-free plastic bag.
To a high-speed blender, add plant milk first, followed by the fruit chunks
Top with pitted dates
Blend until smooth (35-40 seconds)
Check for the desired consistency and completely smooth
Serve in two glasses and enjoy immediately!
Hint: if you want to make your spinach and kiwi smoothie even more beautiful, reserve some fresh kiwi fruit in small chunks and use them to top your glass.
- Dairy-free milk - this spinach smoothie recipe goes well with any plant milk, so feel free to use homemade almond milk, soy milk for extra protein, or lite coconut milk to give it a tropical vibe!
- Apples - we recommend using red or yellow apples as they are less acidic, but a green apple, such as a granny smith apple, also works on this apple kiwi smoothie for weight loss.
- Kiwi fruit - you can use golden kiwis instead of green kiwis. Golden kiwis are generally larger, so instead of three small green kiwis, use two golden kiwis for a balanced spinach kiwi smoothie.
- Raw spinach - we like freezing fresh spinach for our smoothies for thicker smoothies. Freezing spinach is a great way to avoid food waste when you cannot eat it fresh, or you are about to travel.
- Dates - you can substitute for date paste, agave syrup, or maple syrup.
Here are some suggestions to customize your apple kiwi spinach smoothie.
- Creamier and richer - add frozen banana (preferably overripe bananas) to the mix plus half a cup of plant milk.
- Thicker smoothie - add half a cup of plant-based yogurts such as soy yogurt or coconut yogurt.
- Tangy - add half lemon juice to this refreshing smoothie.
- Extra antioxidants - add pumpkin, flax, poppy, or chia seeds to the mix.
- Extra protein - you can use this vegan smoothie recipe as a post-workout smoothie, increasing its protein content. We like using a Click here without any conservatives or added flavors. (affiliate)
Using a high-speed blender, such as Vitamix (affiliate link) or a nutribullet (affiliate link) (affiliate links), is essential when making smoothies.
Smoothies are best fresh, but you can store this kiwi detox smoothie in a closed BPA-free reusable juice bottle (affiliate link) (affiliate).
The ingredients on this apple spinach smoothie don't stand up well in the refrigerator for more than 2 days. You can keep the smoothie in the freezer for up to a month.
There's no need to peel the apples to make an apple smoothie. On the contrary, they add fiber, thus keeping you fuller for longer and contributing to your gut health.
There's no need to peel kiwis for smoothies - the skin is edible and packed with nutrients. Just give them a good wash, cut them into chunks, and chuck them in the blender.
However, we decided to peel them for this kiwi and spinach smoothie because we are not using bananas, the usual creamy ingredient, and kiwi peeling can make your smoothie sturdier.
Also, remember that some people are allergic to kiwi fruit and peeling.
Yes, spinach smoothies can help you lose weight. Spinach is a low-calorie food, and it's also high in fiber, which makes it a good choice for weight loss. Fiber helps you feel full after eating, making you less likely to overeat.
Plus, spinach is loaded with antioxidants and other nutrients that are beneficial for health.
Adding spinach to your smoothie is a great way to get more of these nutrients into your diet. And since the smoothie will be packed with fiber and protein, it will also help keep you feeling full throughout the day. So if you're looking for a healthy way to lose weight, consider adding spinach to your next smoothie.
🥤 More smoothie recipes
Check out these simple smoothie recipes that you can include in your weekly rotation.
If you love your peanut butter, I recommend you check out our oatmeal and peanut butter smoothie; it makes a fantastic breakfast!
If you like blueberries as much as we do, you will also love this blueberry spinach smoothie, and for strawberry lovers, we have this spinach smoothie with pear and strawberries.
This smoothie for constipation made with apples can do all the work when things are not flowing!
Include more weight loss-promoting juices and smoothies to your diet by adding a carrot, cucumber, and celery juice, red cabbage juice, pineapple strawberry smoothie, and strawberry banana spinach smoothie to your weekly smoothies and juices weekly line-up for breakfast or pre-work-out snacks.
🥝 More kiwi recipes
kiwis are great because they pack lots of nutrients and flavor and are low in calories; that's why we love eating them raw or using them to make kiwi juice and adding them in our smoothies like this one, our strawberry kiwi smoothie, which so good!
⭐ If you try this recipe, let us know! 💬 Leave a comment, rate it, and don't forget to tag us @ourplantbasedworld on Instagram. Cheers!
Spinach Apple Smoothie – no yogurt, no banana
- 1 red apple large, cored and chopped (keep the skins for extra fiber)
- 3 kiwi ripe, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup oat milk
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 meedjol date
- 1 tablespoon Organic Protein Plant-Based Powder
- ice cubes use 10 if using fresh fruit and 5 if blending frozen ingredients
- Wash, chop, and core the apple.
- Peel and cube the kiwis.
- Wash the spinach if it is packed and readily available to consume.
- Pit the date.
- Add all ingredients into the blender, starting with the oats and milk, then add the rest. Blend until creamy, usually about 40 seconds.
🌡️ Food safety
We sometimes take for granted that we have years (or decades) of cooking experience that the average visitor may not. Add to or remove the list below with health and safety tips.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with a high smoking points to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
I made one of these for breakfast this morning and it was absolutely incredible! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!
Sisley White - Sew White says
I adore this smoothie. It's so refreshing and perfect for this heatwave.
This smoothie was perfectly fresh, bright, and delicious! Perfect snack for getting in extra fiber and nutrients too
I am glad you enjoyed our spinach apple smoothie, Cam! Thanks for you review!
I'm always in for a healthy, refreshing and nutrient rich smoothie like this spinach apple one.
Alison Saalbach Corey says
A fantastic recipe you have Gus and Juaco! Thanks for sharing this!
so obsessed with this smoothie! It's perfect for weight loss!
Delicious and easy to make!
Lovely fibre rich fruit and veggie smoothie
Love it when a healthy recipe actually tastes good! Thank you!
I am glad you found this healthy smoothie tasty, Cara!
Such a great smoothie! Delicious and really easy to make!
Hi Toni, thanks for your review. We are glad you liked our new healthy smoothie!
One of my favorite recipes to start the day with.
Made this spinach apple smoothie and it was wonderfully easy and delicious. But can't say I was doing it for weight loss (5 months pregnant haha) but more for a nutrition packed smoothie to fill me up!
Hi Heather, thanks for your review! Yep, sometimes tasty is also low-calorie dense! All tour best wishes for the coming baby! 🙂
That's one delicious-looking smoothie! I love that you need just a few ingredients to make it. Will definitely try it.
Just what I needed after a weekend of overindulging. Thanks, guys!
You are welcome, Irena! That's precisely what we had yesterday for breakfast after a weekend of traveling and having airport food! It felt super nourishing!
This had the perfect balance of fresh and sweet! We can't wait to make it again! 🙂
Thanks for the review, Kris! I am glad you guys loved our apple spinach smoothie! 🙂
This is an awesome smoothie! Love the flavors. So much more different than anything I've had! And the oat milk makes it so creamy.
Thanks, Dana. Yes, oat milk makes a difference! Especially when not using bananas!
This is a great way to start the day, super easy and delicious! Love that it's healthy too.
so bright and filled with nourishing fruits, perfect for this heat wave weather!