This Beetroot Juice Pre Work Out has anti-inflammatory, stamina, and muscle power improving benefits.
Beets are healthy no matter how you prepare them. However, juicing beets is a superior way to enjoy them because cooking beets reduces their nutritional value.
Beetroots are great for strengthening bones, and they have anti-insomnia properties. This is why having beetroot juice before workout is a great idea.
First, we need to strengthen our bones and muscles to perform better during our training, avoid injuries and recover optimally.
Second, when we work out, we also awaken our bodies. So iSo if you work out after your daily routine, say 6 pm or later, have beet juice pre-workout will help you have a better sleep.
- Ginger (optional)
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Beetroot, Apple, Celery Juice?
Step 1: wash and rinse your produce
Depending on the Juicer you have, you may throw everything in the Juicer without cutting it; or just roughly cutting your produce in big chunks. If not, take out the core of the apple and the tops of the carrots.
Step 2: Juice Your ingredients
Most juicers work the same way, where you insert the fruit or veggie into a chute, and the freshly squeezed juice comes out. However, this may vary depending on your juicer.
Start introducing all the ingredients, combining the leaves and solids, to prevent the juicer from getting stuck.
If you want to thin the juice a little, you can add about half a cup of water in the juicer aperture, so it drags some of the rest of the fruits and veggies.
Step 3: Store (if not drinking immediately)
You can reserve the juice for of to 24 hours in a mason jar.
10 Benefits of beetroot
There are lots of benefits related to drinking this Training beetroot juice before workout:
- Numerous studies suggest improved exercise stamina that nitrates present in beetroot can enhance physical performance during high-intensity endurance exercise. Also, dietary nitrates have been shown to reduce oxygen use during physical activity. Thus, it may improve cycling and running performance, boost oxygen use, and improve overall exercise performance.
- Improves muscle power in people with heart failure: sending signals to the tiny muscle cells around your arteries and telling them to relax, which is excellent after exercising.
- It helps you maintain a healthy weight: since they are high in water and low in calories. Beets also contain moderate amounts of protein and fiber. These are both critical nutrients for achieving and maintaining a healthy weight.
- May slow the progression of dementia: beets improve blood flow to the brain's frontal lobe, associated with higher-level thinking, such as decision-making and working memory.
- It may prevent cancer: The antioxidant content and anti-inflammatory nature of beets have led to an interest in their ability to prevent cancer.
- Aids reduce cholesterol
- Supports your liver: the antioxidant betaine potentially helps prevent or reduce fatty deposits in the liver produced by a condition called nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Excellent source of other minerals: manganese, potassium, and the super important iron, to prevent anemia.
- Good source of folate: important for normal cell function and tissue growth.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: High blood pressure can damage your blood vessels and heart. What’s more, it is among the most decisive risk factors for heart disease, stroke, and premature death worldwide.
Nutrients in Beetroot and Celery Juice
Folate: Being a good source of folate, if you’re of childbearing age, adding folate to your diet can help you get the daily recommended amount of 600 micrograms. Folate also helps to prevent neural tube defects.
Potassium: It is a mineral and electrolyte, and it helps muscles and nerves function as they should. Having beetroot pre-workout, always in moderation, can help keep the potassium levels in your body optimal.
Other minerals (minerals are essential for our body to work correctly): iron, magnesium, manganese, sodium, zinc, copper, selenium.
Celery juice with beet juice improves the nutritional value of your juice given these vegetables' anti-inflammatory properties; thus, it is a good idea to add celery stalks to your juice.
The ingredients in this juice help improve skin health, improve the digestive tract's function, and help relax nerves, which are sometimes damaged due to unhealthy lifestyle and food choices.
To add an immune booster property to this juice, we added ginger. I add the green apple for its antioxidant properties and sweetness, enhancing the flavor and making it delicious.
Your urine and stools may turn red or pinkish after eating beets. It is harmless. It may be startling if you don’t expect it.
If you’re prone to calcium oxalate kidney stones, don’t drink beet juice. Beets are high in oxalates, which are naturally occurring substances that form crystals in your urine. They may lead to stones.
Juicing for health is a great way to get your fair share of vitamins in your body efficiently and fast, first thing in the morning. However, it would be challenging to get all the nutrients of these ingredients in the morning chewing celery, apple, carrots, and ginger.
Want to know more about the benefits of Juicing? Check our post:
Get an excellent Cold-Pressed juicer; it will be one of the best investments you have made in the year! Trust me!
Below is a Great Post-Work Out Elixir that you should add to your diet if you want to add a Protein Boost:
Want to know more about the benefits of Juicing? Check our post:
More Morning Juices ideas?
Explore more about the benefits of drinking beetroot juice.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #ourplantbasedworld on Instagram. Cheers!
Recipe: Beetroot Juice
- 1 beetroot
- 3 celery stalks, leaves, and all
- 1 apple any color works
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- Chop. Depending on the Juicer you have, you may be able to throw everything in the Juicer without cutting it; if not, take out the core of the apple and coarsely chop the products.1 beetroot, 3 celery, 1 apple, 1 tablespoon ginger
- Introduce ingredients dow the chute. Start introducing all the ingredients, combining the leaves and solids, to prevent the juicer from getting stuck.
We sometimes take for granted that we have years (or decades) of cooking experience that the average visitor may not. Add to, or remove from, the list below with health and safety tips.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. See our full Nutritional Disclosure here.
Please note that some of the links here are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I use all of the products listed and recommend them because they are companies that I have found helpful and trustworthy.