The ingredients present in this Carrot and Cucumber Juice are a health powerhouse and offer various benefits ranging from skin and weight management to immune system boosting.
Juicing is a great way to start your day, no matter what time of the year. You signal your body with great-nurturing messages and your body answers beautifully.
This juice was inspired by our carrot, apple celery juice recipe, but here we put more emphasis on reducing the sugar content and augmenting the hydration components, making it a stronger weight loss partner.
This Morning juice recipe has only 3 ingredients core ingredients plus an optional one.
- Ginger (optional)
See the recipe card for quantities.
The steps to get this hydrating juice right are easy to follow and won't disrupt your morning in any way.
Step 1: wash and rinse your produce
It is important to wash thoroughly your produce. Nonetheless, I generally don't remove the skins, as they also have great nutritional value and saves some time.
Also, you can choose to juice the celery leaves, (I usually do). It is a good way to extract value from the celery leaves that I wouldn't use any other way.
The downside is that it will make the juice bitter, and the only sweet component from this juice is the carrots. Alternatively, you may choose to use the celery leaves on a sweeter juice such as this Kiwi, Tangerine, and Celery juice.
Step 2: cut the ingredients in dices
Depending on the juicer, you may need to dice the ingredients in smaller pieces, or just coarsely chop your vegetables.
Step 3: pass the ingredients through the juicer
Most juicers work the same way, where you insert the fruit or veggie into a chute, and the squeezed juice comes out. However, this may vary depending on your juicer.
Start introducing all the ingredients, combining the leaves (if using) and vegetable chunks, to prevent the juicer from getting stuck.
Also, if you want to thin the celery cucumber juice, you can choose to add a little water through the juicer aperture, so it drags some of the rest of the fruits and veggies.
Hint: don't introduce all the ingredients at once. Introduce handfuls, into the chute, press down with the tampers, pull it out, and keep introducing handfuls.
If you want a sweeter version of this cucumber juice, you can add an apple, a tangerine, orange, or pineapple chunks to the juice.
Cucumber juice benefits
- Hydration - we all know we need a lot of water for our bodies to work well. Cucumber has some serious water content, 96% to be exact. When drinking flavorless water throughout the day, adding cucumber juice or water to your diet can help you achieve the daily recommended water intake.
- Cucumber for Weight loss - replacing calories from sugary juices, sodas, and sports drinks, with low sugar content juices such as this one, can help you cut on calories. Staying hydrated is great for many reasons, but it also helps to feel full. I
- Supports healthy skin - hydration is great for our skins. Think about the last time you spent time under the sun and didn’t drink the extra water you should have. The skin starts cracking, and the solution may be simpler than using moisturizer creams. Hydrate! Cucumber can help soothe your skin from the inside out.
- Antioxidants - these good friends help prevent and delay cell damage from oxidative stress caused by free radicals. Oxidative stress can lead to verious chronic conditions like diabetes, heart disease, and eye degeneration.
- Research shows, antioxidants may stop this damage and sometimes even reverse it. Aim for vegetables and fruits high in antioxidants, like berries and cucumbers.
- Lowers the blood pressure - having too little potassium and too much salt in our bodies is one of the leading causes of high blood pressure.
- Potassium acts like an electrolyte that helps to regulate the sodium in our kidneys caused by the excess salt, which causes our bodies to retain fluids, thus raising our blood pressure.
- Cucumbers are a great potassium source, potentially helping to lower our blood pressure.
Along with cucumber, this juice has all the great benefits of carrots and is an anti-inflammatory juice as it contains, celery, which's juice is mostly known for its detoxifying and anti-inflammatory properties.
As a cherry on top, adding ginger provides additional immune system boosting benefits.
If you drink a glass of water before any meal, you trick your stomach into feeling fuller, and you stop eating before you normally would. Also, sometimes our bodies confuse thirst with hunger. Always reach for the water first!
Also, staying hydrated helps our bodies flushing out toxins, that may make the skin look dull. Cucumbers are also high in vitamin B-5, also used to treat acne.
Hint: sometimes your headaches are just a lack of hydration, reach for a glass of water or high-water content fruits or vegetables before you reach for painkillers. When in need of hydrating veggies, think about celery and cucumbers.
Find more about the benefits of including cucumbers in your diet.
You need a juicer, a cutting board, and a knife.
Get an excellent Cold-Pressed juicer; it will be one of the best investments you have made in the year! Trust me!
Want to know more about the benefits of Juicing? Check our post:
You can reserve the juice for of to 24 hours in a mason jar or a bottle with a lid to avoid oxidation.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #ourplantbasedworld on Instagram. Cheers!
Recipe: Carrot, Cucumber, and Celery juice Benefits
- 1 cucumber big, in medium pieces
- 3 carrot medium, in medium pieces
- 2 celery stalks, leaves, and all
- 1 knob ginger fresh, about 1 inch
- Chopp the ingredients. Depending on the Juicer you have,you may be able to throw everything in the Juicer without cutting it; or just roughly cutting your produce in big chunks.
- Juice. Start introducing all the ingredients, combining the leaves and solids, to prevent the juicer from getting stuck.
- Optionally thin up. If you want to thin the juice a little, you can add about half a cup of water in the juicer aperture so it drag some of the rest of the fruits and veggies.
- Store. You can reserve the juice for of to 24 hours in a mason jar.
We sometimes take for granted that we have years (or decades) of cooking experience, that the average visitor may not. Add to, or remove from, the list below with health and safety tips.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove