If you like juicing, this Homemade Kiwi Juice Recipe is for you. We started juicing years ago, and in the process, we have perfected a series of juices, including this great kiwi and cucumber juice recipe.
A great juice has many easily digestible nutrients and has to be hassle-free, rich in vitamins and minerals. It has to give you a smile on your face as you look into the day unfolding throw your window.
This kiwi juice recipe will be ready in less than 5 minutes with 4 ingredients and a juicer. Don’t worry if you don’t have a juicer. You can make it in a blender by adding an extra step, passing the blended produce through a cheesecloth.
How to Make Kiwi Juice
The great juice Formula: add something with enough water content, so you don’t have to juice everything in your refrigerator, something cheap like celery and cucumbers. Add something sweet and citric like apples or KIWIS and clementine. If you want an extra kick for an anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting superpower, throw in some ginger!
Wash, peel, and chop – Our Juicer instructions recommend chopping vegetables into pieces small enough to fit easily down the chute. They also recommend peeling all citrus fruits as they can be difficult for the machine to process, which inhibits them from being fully juiced and adds unwanted bitterness due to its pealing.
Juice! Turn the juicer on and pass all the ingredients through the juicer, using your tamper. We recommend mixing the ingredients as you run them down the chute.
Put together some pieces of celery, cucumber mixed with clementine, unpeeled kiwis, and ginger (optional). When all push together, it helps to move things through. If you decide (as we do) to use the celery leaves, they may get stuck. That's why pushing all ingredients toigether helps.
10 Benefits of Kiwi fruit
Kiwis are high in Vitamin C and fiber and provide a number of health benefits.
- Kiwifruit contains more than 200% of the daily recommended intake of Vitamin C, thus stimulating the body’s immune response.
- Kiwis have been linked to the reduction of wheezing symptoms in certain asthma patients, especially in children.
- Kiwi isn’t only good to get some sweet nurturing treat in the morning. If you struggle with insomnia, you are not alone. Conservative studies estimate that 10% to 30%4 of adults live with chronic insomnia. For other studies, this figure is closer to 50% to 60%.
- Kiwi has lowering blood pressure properties reducing the risk of stroke and heart disease.
- Kiwis have a low-calorie count make it a delicious and healthy option for snacking, sides, or a unique dessert.
- Kiwi may protect the body from inflammation and disease.
- This tart fruit can support heart health, digestive health, and immunity.
- Kiwis are also rich in vitamins and antioxidants, such as Vitamin C. Antioxidants help to flush free radicals within the body and reduce oxidative stress.
- The soluble dietary fiber found in kiwis can help stimulate regular and healthy digestion.
- The fiber found in kiwi can reduce risk factors for heart disease by lowering LDL or bad cholesterol.
More details on Kiwi Benefits in WebMed
It is essential to know that many people have reported being allergic to kiwi. Symptoms can range in severity from very mild to more severe. Therefore, make sure you are not allergic to Kiwifruit before consuming it.
Eating 1–2 medium kiwis before bed may help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. Kiwis are rich in serotonin and antioxidants, both of which may improve sleep quality when eaten before bed.
We thought it was an interesting piece of information to share!
- Before you get started, buy a high-quality juicer (see our Juicing for Health: the truth about juicing Post notes).
- We recommend a slow masticating juicer (like this one), which better preserves the nutrients.
- Try to buy organic produce whenever possible. If you can’t find organic produce, be sure to wash thoroughly and peel the skin when possible.
- Chop produce into small pieces that easily fit down your juicer chute. Try not to rush the process cramming too much produce down the chute in one go. That can overwhelm the juicer and stress the motor/clog the machine.
- Enjoy juice fresh or within 24 hours for the best flavor/nutrient content (store leftovers well-sealed in the refrigerator).
- Compost the leftover pulp. Depending on the ingredients you use for your juice, you may be able to use it for things like crackers and bread.
More Nourishing Juice, Drinks and Smoothies Recipes
- Morning Celery Juice
- Simple Green Juice Recipe
- Carrot Apple and Celery Juice
- Beetroot Pre and Post Workout Juice
- Vegan Golden Milk
- Frozen Mixed Berries Smoothie
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #ourplantbasedworld on Instagram. Cheers!
Simple Kiwi Green Juice Recipe + Juicing Tips
- 2 kiwis
- ½ head celery about 6 stalks, leaves, and all.
- 2 clementines or mandarines
- 1 green apple medium
- ½ tablespoon ginger fresh, about 1 inch
- Rinse the celery and apple.
- Peel the clementines and clean the kiwi and ginger (no need to peel the ginger or kiwis).
- Start introducing all the ingredients, combining the leaves and solids, to prevent the juicer from getting stuck.
- Serve fresh or store close in a container for a maximum of 24 hours although we recommend to have it freshly juiced.
Please note that some of the links here are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I use all of the products listed and recommend them because they are companies that I have found helpful and trustworthy.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.