Making sunflower seed cheese at home is very easy. It requires minimal ingredients and 5 minutes of your time or less. It is made with cheap sunflower seeds and is equally delicious as the ones made with nuts.
This recipe is a variation of our also, plant-based parmesan homemade vegan parmesan, made with walnuts.
- Sunflower seeds add a nutty crunch and healthy fats to our recipe.
- Sesame seeds bring a hint of nutty flavor and a delightful texture.
- Nutritional yeast provides a cheesy, umami kick to enhance the dish's flavor.
- Garlic powder infuses a mild, savory garlic note without the hassle of fresh garlic.
- Pepper adds a subtle spicy kick, balancing the flavors in our recipe.
- Garlic powder – you can use onion powder instead.
- Sunflower seeds – we chose to use sunflower seeds in this variant. We like to switch some recipes a bit. Especially those that rely on a typical family of more expensive ingredients, in this case, nuts. Walnuts, pecans, and almonds are usually more costly than other less-known but equally nutritious and sometimes cheaper, like sunflower seeds.
For your reference, sunflower seeds are on the lower end of fat % at 100 grams, then walnuts and almonds, which are at the upper tier, and sunflower seeds fall at the lower level.
- Blender or food processor.
Add sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, pepper, and salt to an immersion blender or a food processor.
Pulse for 30 seconds.
Step 1: put all the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
Step 2: blend pulsing until you reach the desired consistency. Don't over-blend, or you will end up with a paste.
Step 3: Taste and adjust flavor. Add more nutritional yeast for “cheesiness” and extra garlic powder for a more intense note.
🌻 Sunflower seeds benefits
These small seeds can help to prevent diseases such as heart disease or high blood pressure. Sunflower seeds' benefits include also:
- Improving Heart Health
- Reducing Inflammation
- Boosting Energy Levels
- Supporting the Immune System
One remarkable thing about sunflower seeds is that they are high in protein and rich in healthy fats and antioxidants. Still, hulled sunflower seeds contain less fat percentage than most nuts.
We also like adding it to salads as a no-oil flavor enhancer, replacing a vinaigrette.
⭐ If you try this recipe, let us know! 💬 Leave a comment, rate it, and don't forget to tag us @ourplantbasedworld on Instagram. Cheers!
Sunflower Seed Cheese Recipe
- Taste and adjust flavor. Add more nutritional yeast for “cheesiness” and extra garlic powder for a more intense note.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice. See our full Nutritional Disclosure here.
Please note that some of the links here are affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I recommend all of the products listed because they are companies I have found helpful and trustworthy.